Friday, September 19, 2008

Forgetting to consider the things we are blessed to have!

Yesterday, I posted to my sister’s blog a comment that I had considered starting my own. I decided today to give this a try. I have chosen a different topic to start things with. On a daily basis I think we all forget to consider the blessings that we have received. We take a lot of things for granted. I have spent some time feeling down lately because of a recent divorce. The divorce was the hardest thing I ever did. Leaving a relationship after fifteen years wasn’t easy. I have been reading her posts for some time now and those posts set me to thinking about life.


As I was working today I started thinking that I just need to let God drive. Hand the wheel over to him and let him take care of things. I also felt like I needed to consider all the good things in my life that God has blessed me with. As I continued to work I started making a mental list. I was born to two wonderful parents who where loving and caring. I have wonderful and loving and supportive sister. I was blessed to have two beautiful children. I have friends. I have a good job, a place to live, a car to drive, and food to eat. I am still alive and healthy. It was a warm sunny day not a cloud in the sky. The list could go on from here. I think we all just need to take a moment every now and then to appreciate the good things going in our lives. A moment to consider the things we are blessed to have.
Post a Comment