Sunday, May 16, 2010

Kicking off the Summer

I know the calendar still says it is spring, but for me the summer season offically kicks off in May and ends in late September. This year the weather in April was increadibly nice. Upper seventies many days and even hit the eighties a couple of times. Today my kids and I made our first trip to the Fort Wayne Childrens Zoo. I, as I have in the past several years, bought the pass for the year. This year the cost of the zoo pass is $89. However, I know my kids will want to go several times over the course of the summer. If I had just paid the admission today it would have been $26, but after the third time we go the rest of the time will be free. I figure the cost of the pass will be covered at that point. I bought the wagon shown last year and we recovered the cost of it buy saving money not renting one last year. At first today I didn't think I would take my camera with me, but finally put new batteries in it and off we went. This blog post contains only a few of the photos from today. We only spent a couple of hours at the Fort Wayne Childrens Zoo, but I believe a good time was had by all.



















1 comment:

ida said...

fun stuff!!! tasha used to have a wagon too. that was the bomb. i still remember her little 4 or 5 year old body so tired from the state fair passed out. i had one that had removeable sides on it. and sometimes i would sit down too. those were the days.
ever since the trailor at work broke when i was in it in with the fork i've been thinking of life. my life and what meaning i've had to it. i bidded off. yes, i'll be back on the machine. but i'll have weekends off and i'll be moving around alot more at work. it wont be easy at first but it will be worth it to reconnect with the world and my kid. plus, i'll be getting a real workout everynight. :) i just thank God every day for my letting me live this long.