Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Gardener and his Assistant

For the third year in a row my son the Gardner has wanted to plant flowers. This year I decided unless something wa said about it I was going to let this go. I just didn't feel like having to remember to water them and have enough stuff on my plate to do already, but yesterday it was brought up.

Now in the past two years, we have planted flowers from seeds. This year it is too late to plant seeds so today I went out and bought flowers at Wal-Mart. As soon as we got home my son started in on planting them and my daughter was chomping at the bit to help so all I did was stand around and supervise the work. Both my son and daughter did a great job with this and I am sure I will enjoy seeing them as they will remind me all summer of today and how they went about working together to get this done. The only complaint I heard was about how hot it was.








1 comment:

ida said...

my daughter helped me plant some things for the patio. lol. she thought it was nasty. i told her about my mud pie days and she said that was nasty too. but, for some strange reason she hovered around and watched and watched. lol. perhaps she will get alittle of the gardening bug.