Friday, May 6, 2011

DIY Project - Mounting a coat rack

This afternoon I finally got my new coat rack installed near my front door.   It will give me a place to hang my coats that I use the most and a place for my kids to hang theirs.  The first thing I did was mark the location of the studs in the wall using a stud finder.  I had noticed that the screw holes for the coat rack didn't match up so I went down to Lowes and bought a piece of 1/4 inch oak board to mount to the wall so that I could attach the coat rack to it.  I could have used an anchoring system, but I thought this would be more secure.  I traced around the coat rack then used a jig saw to cut out the pattern on the piece of oak.   Next I mounted the oak piece to the wall then mounted the coat rack to the piece of oak.  Finally I installed the screw covers and the project was complete.  I hung my coat for tomorrow on it. One do-it-yourself project complete.








No comments: