Sunday, June 5, 2011

Summer Time Projects

For the past several years I have had Summer Time projects that I wanted to accomplish, but for one reason or another I have failed to get some of them done.  This year I have lined out the list of projects I would like to accomplish before the winter winds and snow come back this year.  One of those projects was to install my new railroad scanner antenna.  About two months ago I bought a new commercial antenna for listening to railroad audio and I had not installed it as of yet, so today was the day.  I really didn't feel like getting this put up today, but it sure gives one a sense of accomplishment when a project is finished.   The amazing things is how much more I can hear with the new antenna.  Not only is it about 6 feet higher off the ground, but it also has about 5 db of gain (signal amplification).  As of a few minutes ago I was hearing not only the local trains, but trains calling signals about twenty miles away.  WOO HOO!

No comments: