Friday, March 27, 2009

Had to do a double take

Sometimes I go out to CNN.COM to read up on world news. As I was looking through the headlines one read: "KOCO: Blizzard warning posted in Oklahoma". Yes, that is correct a blizzard warning. Now, I had to check this out on Weather.com and it is real. They are calling for quarter inch of ice, blowing and drifting snow, and near white out conditions. I believe I saw one place where places in Oklahoma are expecting up to a foot of snow. It was a nice balmy sixty degrees here today. I checked our forcast to see if we would be cooling off and NOPE we are not expected to. It was just really strange that we were sixty degrees and where you think it would be warmer it was icy and cold. I am hoping we don't get any of this as I am sick of winter weather.

2 comments:

ida said...

ya, i've been watching this front move into the great plains on rtv6 down here in indianapolis. i really did looking at the animated maps so this wasnt anything new to me. in fact i was chuckling to myself and remembering one nasty winter in lawton ok (ft sill is there i was stationed there from 86 to 88) and i was like where are the snow plows. the locals told me that they dont have any becouse they dont get much snow.......lol whatever.

lol and you took the double take. heck i was a little worried i would be caught up in this snow mess.

take care ritchie and i do enjoy your blog.

Sheila said...

Say it isn't so! I want Winter done with for the season. Enough all ready.