Sunday, August 30, 2009

FLICKR

Approximately one year ago I setup my Flickr account. Flicker allows you to upload as many photo’s as you want. I went one step further and signed up for the professional version of Flickr. For $25 for one year I can create as many sets of photos as I want and I can upload my videos. Flickr allows me to decide who can see what. I can decide if the pictures are public and open to anyone, viewable by friends and family, viewable by family only, or private. I use flickr to populate my slide show at the top right of the blog with different public photos that I have taken. The blog picks up the last 25 or 30 pictures that I have uploaded to Flickr that are marked public. If you are looking for a way to share photos and video with friends and family I highly recommend their service. You will first have to sign up for a free Yahoo account (www.yahoo.com) then you can setup your Flickr account. After this download the upload tool from the Flickr website (http://www.flickr.com)/. Uploading is fast and easy to do. You can also update your Flickr account on the go from your digital phone. A set of special email addresses are setup with your account so that photos and video can be sent directly from the phone to your Flickr account using the email address with the privacy setting that I want (public, family & friends, family, or private).


Here is a link to the last group of photo’s that I uploaded to Flickr with the public setting. Happy viewing! http://www.flickr.com/photos/railfandad/sets/72157622064330705/

1 comment:

Joe said...

I have been a Flickr Pro user for a couple of years now and I don't know know how I would live -digitally- without it! You are right in recommending this to anyone with photo/video need! Great app on a great site!