Saturday, September 12, 2009

Temptation

As some of you may have read before back on August 3, 2009 started making a major effort to change my life for the better. I want to be a better man and live closer to the way God wants me to live. I want to be a good example to my kids. I have found it amazing the lengths that Satin will go to temp to do things that you shouldn’t do.

Tonight I had the opportunity to have my son come spend some time with me. The problem was I am planning to go to church in the morning and my church is over near Warsaw Indiana. It was insisted that I have him stay overnight and return him tomorrow around 11am. If not then my ex-wife and kids were going home. I even offered to have him come over for just a little while and I would drive him home afterwards. That didn’t work as well. Now, church would not be over until 12:00pm or so and there is no way I can drive back from near Warsaw and have him back in time.

Now, I was raised Southern Baptist (Old Regular Baptist). I have two churches that I go to on a regular basis. One is up near Kendalville Indiana and the other is in Peircton. It is a little different in that it meets at each location only once a month. Google "Old Regular Baptist" if you want more information. So I only go to church twice a month at this point and this would be the second of those times that I go. I have been looking around for other places that I might go for the third and fourth Sunday’s.

At this point I am feeling really tempted by Satin. I love my son very much and it makes me sad that I didn’t get to spend time with him, but my relationship with God has to come first. I am not saying my son tempted me in any way, there were other factors at work here. I can’t go into those at this time, but even though I am sad about not seeing my son I feel I made the right decision. God knows I would spend as much time with him as I could.

At this point in my life I am really feeling good about the way things are going. I am feeling the best I have felt in years. It has been well over a month since I said my last swear word (colorful metaphor as they called them in Star Trek IV the Voyage Home). I have had my struggles, but overall I am doing ok. As I said above it is amazing the lengths that Satin will go to temp you. I heard this said and I agree with this "If it feels right it is ok. If it doesn’t feel right then don’t do it".

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Satin is good at tempting people. As for you son not getting to come last night I just think that is a pitty.

ida said...

i thought it was pretty petty too. trust me the devil is trying to work overtime with me. and the harder to try to do right and speak Gods name in praise the harder the devil works. last night at work i was going threw big temptations. it was all silly stuff when i look back on it. but, i had on the big girl shoes and i did what i needed to do. also there was several times i was driving the tug around with a hand in the air praying. lol.........ya, people think i'm nuts at times. but, you really cant argue with someone praying out their stress...lol

Carol said...

I'm not going to say you were right or wrong in your decision. But remember that you can praise and worship the Lord anywhere because He is always with us. You could even include your children because again, He is always in our midst.

As far as your statement: "If it feels right it is ok. If it doesn’t feel right then don’t do it"

I caution you in this because the bible says that our hearts are wickedly deceived. I have found that I can still sin even if I'm doing something good, right, or even noble. We are to test everything with Scripture. But in this particular case, I can see where you would struggle to make the right decision. But also there was another alternative where no one would have been left out. But if it ever came to God or your children and there wasn't a solution that allowed for both, then of course we are to choose God. But there was another solution in this case. Just something to think about in the future. Not trying to lecture you.

Blessings,
Carol

Ritchie said...

Carol, Thanks for the comment. I left a lot of stuff out of my post as my ex-wife could use them against me in court if we ever go there. This was my ex-wife’s weekend to have the kids. With out saying too much there were some ulterior motives involved on her part. Not sure what the other alternative would have been for everyone to be happy and how I could have involved the kids. There is just a lot I can’t say in my blog about this situation. If you want to you can email me what you thought the alternative might have been to
Ritchie444@yahoo.com. I would be happy for to have the imput.

Thanks again!

Ritchie