Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Johnny Appleseed Festivile

My kids wanted to go to the Johnny Appleseed festivile on Sunday. I tried to get my son to go on Saturday as rain was forcast for Sunday. Fortunately the rain held off and a good time was had by all. Here are some photo's from that event enjoy. At the festivile you can see Musicians, demonstrators, and vendors dress in early 19th century dress, and offer food and beverages which would have been available then. An outdoor drama is also an annual event in Mansfield, Ohio.
The festivile is held in September every year.



For more information about Johnny Appleseed see:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Appleseed






















3 comments:

ida said...

that's your son in the first photo? oh my he has gotten grown. i mean really grown up. what is he 5'3 or so? wow. time flys. i better shut my trap or i'll be the first to have grandkids.lol

Ritchie said...

He is between 4ft and 5ft tall somewhere. He is only 8, but looks 12 or 13. I think he is going to be really tall.

Sheila said...

I'm glad you got to take the kids.. this has been an annual thing for Dakota every year since he was born. I thought he might not get to go this year. I'm glad he did.