Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering September 11, 2001

At work today we had a moment of silence to remember those who lost their lives on September 11, 2001. I remember that morning well. Exactly eight years ago today I was at my desk working when I heard a group talking about it. I got up from my desk and asked questions in disbelief. I went to the Internet for news of what was happening and finally a TV was placed at an open location where we could check the news live. One of the people I work with made some remarks before our moment of silence. He said "This was an event that changed our nation forever". How true this is. Again, I would like to take a moment to remember the friends and family of those who lost someone in this attack on your great country. I would also like to remember those who lost their lives.

4 comments:

Lydia said...

I think we could live forever and still be shocked by photos such as this one.

Been looking around your posts since seeing you as a follower (along with me and a thousand others!) of Nikon Sniper. You've got a good thing going on here! I like your blog.

My sis lives near Indianapolis but I have yet to visit her there...

Ritchie said...

Thank you.

I usually write an entry when I feel up to it.

I like what Nikon Sniper is doing. I took up photography as a hobby about two years ago. I mainly photograph nature, railroads, and my family. I bought my Cannon Digital Rebel last year and reall love that camera. I also have a point and shoot camera that does video which has a better zoom for photographing distant things and taking AVI videos. It has been a lot of fun.

Sheila said...

September 11th went to the very core of our hearts as Americans and as people. Those who were alive on that day and remember it will never be able to forget.

ida said...

i had worked all night. picked up my kid and dropped her off at school. went home and tried to crash. turned on the tv and there it was. i called my babysitter to confirm that this wasnt some sort of a sick joke on tv. then the 2nd plane hit. i felt the world drop beneth me. i felt like all hell had came loose and the 2nd coming was happening. i hung up and called my daughters school asking them if they were on lock down. saying that we were probley at war if not only moments away from it. they thought i was nuts. i might have yelled something to the effect of i'm not going back to that hell hole in the sand. after that i apologized. and hung up. when my daughter came home that afternoon i hung on to her like the end did come. i was making plans to pack food/clothing/id papers and head out of dodge if needed.
9/11 was tragic. beyond reason. but, it put me on alert to what would really happen if a war broke out here in the usa. put, some backbone back in me.
at one time i was living in long branch nj. and i never did get to ny. wasnt living there long. but, long enough to understand nj, ny, pa are a world different then little house on the prarie indiana. i still remember seeing the twin towers when i went to that park that looks out toward nyc from nj. it was remarkable. it was something i will never forget and the skyline and the security i had will never be the same either