Thursday, October 8, 2009

Just my luck!


This morning I got up like any other morning. Got ready for work and headed off. I arrived at work and stood around and talked with some of my co-workers like every other morning when I was called aside and told I wasn't on the schedule. I had been on the schedule for all six days when I looked last, but I had been taken off. So I asked if I needed to stay and they said no so I headed home.

On my way home I decided I would stop at Mc Donald's on Washington Center road for some breakfast. I would get it to go and take it home and eat it before resuming the work I am doing at home. I had just pulled out of Mc Donald's when I ran over something in the road. Next there was a wobble that I couldn't explain. I found that the tire had been punctured and air was escaping so I decided I would try to drive it to the service station to get it repaired. No go on that as I went about a block and the tire was flat. Luckily I was still near the Mc Donald's so I walked over and got something to drink and ate my breakfast.

In times past I would have been really angry at this moment and quite possibly swearing and cussing. I have to admit, I wasn't really happy at that moment changing the tire. I was in a church parking lot at the time I changed the tire. Swearing and cussing never really entered my mind. I changed the tire and took off for the service station. I was surprised to find my car has a full sized spare tire. Most of the time you get these little donut tires that you can't use for more than fifty miles an hour or so.


As they were working on my tire I had to think "Just my luck". Then it occurred to me, maybe something really bad was going to happen and this was God's way of taking care of me. Maybe had I made it to the next corner I would have been involved in an accident and killed. Maybe others may have been injured and killed. We don't always know why things like this happen. There is a reason for it.

Yes, it was a new tire. The bad news was they had to replace the tire. The metal object you see had punctured the side of the tire. I had bought the road hazard warranty on the tire so the total cost was $11.07.

5 comments:

Joe said...

I have to get new tires (soon) - what is this "road hazard warranty" that you speak of?

Ritchie said...

I bought the tires at Micheal Tire plus at the old Fort Meyer truck stop. They had a special buy three get one free. They were Bridgestone 65,000 mile tires. Great tires. I walked out at about $283 for my car not counting the wheel alignment and other work that I had done later. The warrenty is if something happens to the tire they patch it free. They replace the tire at a prorated amount depending on how long you have had them. I have had them about two weeks. Bummer! I thinke the only thing I paid for was the value stem.

Here is there web site:
http://www.tiresplus.com/

Sheila said...

YEAH Discount tire will sell their tires with a road hazard warranty too.. Never leave home without it...

ida said...

road hazard warranty is the bomb. the problem with some is what if you are out of town. i have learned to like walmarts tires becouse there is a walmart near my work and another one near my home. they seem to be well priced too.

Carol said...

Hey Ritchie,

This post inspired me to put one up that's kind of related. http://boldlyproclaimingchrist.wordpress.com/2009/11/21/gods-blessing-through-a-flat-tire/#more-408