Thursday, October 22, 2009

What to do with the old memories

After my divorce I was given all the old home movie video cassettes. My thought was I would convert these to DVD which is a fairly simple process. Just plug in the camcorder to the DVD recorder, rewind each tape, put them in order and start filling DVD's. I probably have forty hours of home movies shot between April 18, 1992 and December 16, 2006. When you shoot these video's you figure at some point in your life you will sit down and relive the old memories. See what was happening in your life at that time. It should give you sort of a warm fuzzy feeling. At this point I am not sure who would want these. Do the kids want to see them? I certainly don't want to watch old memories being replayed of me and the kids mom. Does their mom want them or even care? Basically I think I would just be wasting DVD's at this point. They have been in a drawer here at my home for over two years. Nothing has been said about them at all. Maybe I just can rewind, re-label, and reuse? I guess I will, at some point, review each one to see what is on it before reuse.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

I think you should convert them when you are ready.. some day you may want to see other people on there.. like mom and dad, me, your kids when they were hung... I'm sure there are a few good memories from back then..

ida said...

when those kids are teenagers they will want to see them. convert them to dvds and put them in an album as you do it. its not about you. its about the kids. and your future grandkids will get a kick out of them too. i think of all your kids ashley would enjoy them the most. but i might be wrong i have an impression that your son might too.