Sunday, January 25, 2009

Early Spring and Summer?

If I haven't said it before, I hate winter. I hate the snow, the ice, and the cold! Yesterday while I was out and about I got into a conversation with an elderly woman. She said the words that are music to my ears. She said: "I think we will have an early spring and summer.". She went on to say that her wools were shedding and her dogs were already sheding. She didn't seem to think we would have much more bad weather. She said that she based this on when the wools and her dogs grew their coats on how bad the winter would be. Evidently the wools and dogs got their coats early. She indicated that the ice storm would be the worst of the winter for us.

Now, I have found that most of the time the ederly people are correct when they say something like this. They have experienced these things and know how to read signs that most of us can't seem to figure out or maybe it is that we just don't pay attention to the signs. Needless to say I will be interested to see if she is correct. I guess on Tuesday February 2nd we will get to see what the ground hog has to say about this.

Puxatony Phil your up buddy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope she's right, but I personally don't think we'll have an early spring. This is once I'm really going to hope I'm wrong.

Anonymous said...

well my dog is shedding too. i thought that was strange. i personally think if we dont get about 8 inch of snow by feb 14 then we will probley be good to go. been having alot of body aches so i know the cold weather isnt over yet. oh why feb 14? well i have a repeat history of calling in at that time of year. seems to snow like all get out here in indianapolis. lol trying to break that record and call in at some later date ;) lol