Sunday, April 19, 2009

How dumb is this?

The above photo was in the Saturday April 18, 2009 Fort Wayne Journal Gazette. It reminded me of something I saw the other day. I was behind (thank God) this person driving across the parking lot. They had an ice cream cone in one hand and their cell phone in the other. They were actively clicking keys in an attempt to send a text message (why it couldn't wait or why they couldn't stop is unknown to me). I wondered as I followed them across the parking lot if someone walked out in front of them or if say I fell in the street in front of them would they see that. I also wondered if when we got to the main street they would stop or continue to travel out into the line of traffic. As luck would have it they stopped at the main street and put the cell phone down when they pulled out. But I guess I have to ask "How dumb is this?". I don't think we need stricter cell phone laws, just a little common sense. This is just my opinion.

2 comments:

ida said...

i think we need a shield for the cars that stop cell phone usage all together. i'm getting sick of them too. makes driving pretty darn scary. and an icecream cone while driving....lol i never attempt that.

Sheila said...

Although I think people should use common sense and this was stupid, I do NOT want our government imposing anymore laws on us. I still don't think they should have the right to tell people they have to wear seat belts. I mean after all the same idiots that are texting with ice cream are the ones that would get thrown across their dash through the windshield so maybe we could solve it all by removing the government from the picture.